Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update - Countdown

All that stands between me and self-induced unemployment is 56 more hours of work! The three years I’ve worked for the library have gone by in a blink.

This has been an amazing job! I’ve been lucky enough to work in a cool industry in the perfect location with wonderful coworkers and a great boss to boot. I feel sort of nuts for leaving. I feel a little more nuts for trading Colorado for Ohio. But what I feel the most can be captured in this amazing excerpt from the book Driving Mr. Albert (thanks, Cindy, for the recommendation):

“Desire is a tricky thing. It can change a quick outing to the store for milk into a lifelong, shoeless quest through the Himalayas in search of enlightenment.”

So here Sam and I are – on the brink of the future that will take us God only knows where! Ok, I admit it, I'm finally getting really excited!

No comments: