Friday, June 13, 2008

Reverie - Refocused

When you title your blog something as lofty as “If today had a point, it might be…” it becomes somewhat taxing to come up with subject matter that measures up. But, because trying to find meaning in each day is worthwhile, I won’t give up quite yet.

On the other hand, I do have one tidbit to share that is not life altering, but somewhat interesting. I was recently visiting family in Wisconsin and I was reminded that the Madison Zoo does not charge admission! I’m so used to paying exorbitant prices to view imprisoned animals – who would have guessed that some cities let you do that for free? But one of the most interesting things about visiting the Madison zoo is that they have buffalo and prairie dogs – two animals we take for granted in Colorado. I felt ripped off in a way, despite not having to pay admission.

But as prevalent as prairie dogs are in Colorado, I actually ended up taking a picture of one of the little guys. Maybe it’s a way to pay homage to the poor little critter I accidentally hit when I first got my driver’s license. I can’t even explain the horror of that day. So, little prairie dog, we acknowledge you!

Okay, better luck on deep insight next time around.

No comments: