Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update – Pack it in, pack it out

Right now we’re trying to figure out the best way to haul our stuff out to Ohio. This is a daunting task. The good news is that we currently live in a 400 square foot apartment. The bad news is that you can squeeze a surprisingly large amount of crap into 400 square feet and still live comfortably.

We’re right on the cusp of being able to pull a trailer or needing a truck. If we rent the truck and pull our car, we only get about 60 more cubic feet of packing space, but we increase our cost three fold! I’m so eager to get everything to fit in the trailer that I’m tempted to just throw everything out – clothes, dishes, bedding, everything! But, then I realize that we’d have to buy these things from scratch out in Ohio and then there goes that brilliant savings plan. So I guess I’ll just try to summon any packing powers I possess. When we unpack boxes in Ohio, it will look like Mary Poppins pulling a coffee table out of a small handbag. Well, let’s hope anyway.

No comments: