Sunday, November 30, 2008

So thankful

I heard a great sermon yesterday to cap off Thanksgiving. It was a simple reminder that while we can't always choose our circumstances, we always get to choose our response. We can choose to be bitter about small things or grateful despite awful things. It's all up to us. Brilliant.

On a not-so-hard-to-be-thankful note, today was my first day at my new job! Yeah, it's going to rock. I love libraries. And I love library benefits. I'm sure I'll expound on this more throughout my illustrious career. Please stay tuned.

As another aside, my mom is well on her way to recovering...at least from surgery. Chemo is still to come, but she's looking great right now and I'm just so darn thankful for that.

And while I'm thinking of things that make me thankful, I'm really thankful for all of you. What gifts you are, not only to me, but to all existence!

Ok, I think it's clear now that after a four-month work hiatus, today’s eight-hour workday turned my brain to moosh. It's time for me to go now. Goodnight.

No comments: