Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful, even white, Christmas. Ours was fabulous. My sister made it home safely, my mom was feeling relatively well, and I ate my weight in pumpkin pie and snickerdoodles. But my favorite part of Christmas? The part where the truth of my life comes back into perfect focus.

O Holy Night is my all-time favorite Christmas song – even the Kenny G version can rouse a tear or two. Here’s my favorite verse:

Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

It’s the perfect portrayal of my life before and after knowing Christ. I was desperately lost until in the depth of my pain, God called to me. And for once I turned toward him rather than away. All of the joy and the peace I have come to know since are a result of his deep love. I pray the gift of this holiday would heal you in the same way. Oh, and may you enjoy all of the whipped cream and hot chocolate you can stand. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Amen, and hallelujah! I join you in those beautiful sentiments, Jessica. I thank God that in Him we are sisters. All my love to you! Cindy